Motorcycles may be incredibly exciting to operate, but the reality is that accidents can lead to severe injuries for their drivers/passengers. Unfortunately, the careless or negligent actions of vehicle drivers often lead to devastating motorcycle crashes.
At Yen Pilch Robaina & Kresin PLC, our dedicated law team is here to help when you need a Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyer. We have a track record of success standing up for injured motorcyclists as we work to secure the compensation they need.
According to data available from the Arizona Department of Transportation, we can see that there were 2,728 total motorcycle crashes reported across the state during the latest year. As a result of these incidents, there were 170 fatalities and 2,235 injuries. Out of all the motorcycle crashes reported that year, only 405 of them were considered “property damage only.” This data shows just how vulnerable motorcyclists are on the roadway and susceptible they are to accidents with cars.
Motorcycle riders have very little protection from the force of a vehicle slamming into them. To make matters worse, motorcyclists typically deal with two impacts – one with a vehicle and one with the ground. It is not uncommon for our Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyers to help clients who have sustained the following:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Severe sprains or strains
- Lacerations or road rash
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Open head wounds
- Spinal cord trauma with paralysis
- Other severe back or neck injury
Additionally, our also know that crash victims regularly sustain significant emotional and psychological trauma in addition to the physical injuries mentioned above. Medical expenses can quickly pile on, and we strive to seek compensation for all of our client’s injuries, both physical and non-physical.
Motorcycle accidents can be extremely devastating, and you deserve rightful compensation if you have been affected by one. If you or somebody you love has been injured in a motorcycle accident caused by the careless or negligent actions of another driver in Phoenix or the surrounding areas, turn to Yen Pilch Robaina & Kresin PLC for help with your case. Our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys in Phoenix, AZ have a track record of success securing significant settlements and jury verdicts on behalf of injured clients, and our goal is to help ensure you receive coverage of your medical bills, lost income, property damage expenses, pain and suffering damages, and more.
Who Is Liable In A Motorcycle Accident?
Motorcycle accidents can occur due to various factors, and fault can be attributed to different parties involved. Here are some potential parties who may be at fault for motorcycle accidents:
- Other Drivers: In many cases, accidents occur because of the negligence of other drivers on the road. This can include actions like not yielding the right of way, running red lights, distracted driving, or failing to check blind spots.
- Motorcyclists: Sometimes, the motorcyclist themselves may be at fault. This could be due to reckless riding, speeding, or not following traffic laws.
- Road Conditions: Poorly maintained roads, uneven surfaces, or the presence of debris can lead to accidents. In such cases, government entities responsible for road maintenance may be at fault.
- Vehicle Defects: Motorcycle accidents can also result from defects in the motorcycle itself, such as brake failures, tire blowouts, or faulty parts. Manufacturers or mechanics might be at fault in such situations.
- Third Parties: Occasionally, uninvolved parties, such as bicyclists or pedestrians, can cause accidents through their actions and may be held jointly liable.
- Weather: Unfavorable conditions, such as rain or snow, can make driving dangerous. Even though it is usually not at fault, it can still play a part in accidents.
Determining fault in a motorcycle accident often involves a thorough investigation to understand the specific circumstances that led to the collision. It may involve gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and assessing the roles of different parties involved.
Is There a Statute of Limitations to File a Motorcycle Lawsuit?
In the state of Arizona, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims, including those related to motorcycle accidents, is typically two years from the date of the accident. If you were injured, this means that you typically have a two-year window from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit seeking compensation for your injuries and damages. This may seem like plenty of time, but it may go by quickly.
Failure to file your lawsuit within the statute of limitations may result in your case being dismissed by the court, and you may lose your right to seek compensation for your injuries. However, there may be exceptions and special circumstances that affect the specific timeline in your case, so it's best to consult with with a professional Phoenix motorcycle accident attorney who can advise you on the applicable statute of limitations in your situation.
Call a Phoenix Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer
- The Phoenix personal injury attorneys at Yen Pilch Robaina & Kresin PLC have an extensive history of successfully handling complex vehicle accident claims in Arizona.
- We have secured significant settlements and verdicts on behalf of injury clients in and around the Phoenix area.
- We take Phoenix motorcycle accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will not pay any legal fees until we secure the compensation they need.
This office is a great resource
“As an educator working for a non-union Charter School, I did not not who to turn to when my principal started improper practices with teachers during COVID19. We were shocked he would treated us so poorly during a pandemic.”
He is extremely intelligent
“Mr Robaina was a God sent.”
I would recommend this firm for any employment cases.
“Very friendly and welcoming folks there. The attorney listened to my situation with great interest, and offered excellent legal advice.”
Our case was resolved in a manner favorable
“Ed Robaina and his team represented my company during a very difficult lawsuit against a deep-pocket company represented by one of the largest law firms in the southwest. Robaina's team was very professional, always prepared, and very patient with us.”
They are honest and trustworthy
“I have hired Robaina and Kresin on several occasions over the last ten years. Their service has been professional and complete with attention to detail.”
Motorcycle accident claims in Phoenix can become complicated. Often, victims are left going up against aggressive insurance carriers when trying to secure the compensation they need. However, a Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyer can use their resources to fully investigate the claims.
This can include gathering evidence such as:
- Taking photos at the scene
- Finding video surveillance from nearby businesses or homes
- Taking statements from any eyewitnesses
- Filing police reports
Additionally, a skilled motorcycle accident attorney will handle all communications and negotiations with other parties involved when attempting to reach a fair settlement on behalf of their client. If necessary, a lawyer will fully prepare to take the case to trial.
Caring and CompassionateWe care about our clients as if they were our family, showing them care and compassion throughout the entire process.
We Work Hand in Hand with Our ClientsWe work closely with our clients to address their needs and find favorable solutions to their employment-related, personal injury and estate planning issues.
Experienced Attorneys Ready to Fight for YouThe experienced Phoenix employment lawyers of Yen Pilch Robaina & Kresin PLC understand what it takes to achieve results for our clients.
Trusted for Over 30 YearsOur firm brings a high level of experience to each and every matter, and we have helped clients secure millions of dollars in total settlements and verdicts.