Losing somebody that you love is never easy. This is particularly true if your loved one lost their life due to the careless, negligent, or intentional actions of someone else. At Yen Pilch Robaina & Kresin PLC, our compassionate and dedicated team is here when you need a Phoenix wrongful death lawyer by your side.
We are dedicated to helping families get through these tough times, and we have the resources necessary to investigate what happened and help secure closure and compensation on their behalf.
- The attorneys at Yen Pilch Robaina & Kresin PLC focus on providing compassionate and individualized care for those who have experienced a tragic loss.
- Our Phoenix personal injury lawyers have a track record of success investigating wrongful death cases throughout Arizona, and we have the resources necessary to take these cases to trial, if necessary.
- We take Phoenix’s wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that families will not pay any legal fees until after we obtain the compensation they are entitled to.
This office is a great resource
“As an educator working for a non-union Charter School, I did not not who to turn to when my principal started improper practices with teachers during COVID19. We were shocked he would treated us so poorly during a pandemic.”
He is extremely intelligent
“Mr Robaina was a God sent.”
I would recommend this firm for any employment cases.
“Very friendly and welcoming folks there. The attorney listened to my situation with great interest, and offered excellent legal advice.”
Our case was resolved in a manner favorable
“Ed Robaina and his team represented my company during a very difficult lawsuit against a deep-pocket company represented by one of the largest law firms in the southwest. Robaina's team was very professional, always prepared, and very patient with us.”
They are honest and trustworthy
“I have hired Robaina and Kresin on several occasions over the last ten years. Their service has been professional and complete with attention to detail.”
Wrongful death cases can be incredibly challenging for family members to try to handle on their own. Often, families and personal representatives of the deceased’s estate are left going up against aggressive insurance carriers and at-fault parties. However, a Phoenix wrongful death lawyer can:
- Conduct a full investigation into the cause of death. This will include gathering statements from eyewitnesses, photo and video surveillance, accident reports, and any safety data pertaining to companies or entities involved.
- Work with trusted economic and financial experts in an effort to properly calculate the total losses and damages the family and estate are expected to incur.
- Negotiate with every party involved in an attempt to reach a fair settlement for grieving family members while also preparing to take the case to trial, if necessary.
When we turn to Arizona law (A.R.S. Section 12-611), we can see that the following people may file wrongful death claims in Arizona civil court:
- A surviving spouse of the deceased
- The surviving children of the deceased
- A surviving parent or guardian of the deceased
- A personal representative of the deceased person’s estate
- The personal representative of a deceased spouse, child, parent, or guardian
Time Limit to File a Phoenix Wrongful Death Claim
Family members who wish to file a wrongful death claim in Arizona must do so within two years from the date of the deceased’s death. If the family or the estate fails to file their claim within the time limits set forth by the Arizona wrongful death statute of limitations, they will likely lose the ability to recover any compensation they may be entitled to.
If you have lost a loved one due to the careless, negligent, or intentional actions of another individual or entity in the Phoenix area, contact Yen Pilch Robaina & Kresin PLC for help with your case today. Our compassionate team has extensive experience handling these cases, and we are ready to help you and your family through this. Our goal is to help ensure that you receive the closure and compensation you are entitled to.
Caring and CompassionateWe care about our clients as if they were our family, showing them care and compassion throughout the entire process.
We Work Hand in Hand with Our ClientsWe work closely with our clients to address their needs and find favorable solutions to their employment-related, personal injury and estate planning issues.
Experienced Attorneys Ready to Fight for YouThe experienced Phoenix employment lawyers of Yen Pilch Robaina & Kresin PLC understand what it takes to achieve results for our clients.
Trusted for Over 30 YearsOur firm brings a high level of experience to each and every matter, and we have helped clients secure millions of dollars in total settlements and verdicts.