Tempe Age Discrimination Attorneyrequest consultation
The average age of the American population continues to increase, which means that the average age of the American workforce is increasing as well. Unfortunately, employers throughout the country, including here in Tempe, regularly participate in discrimination against workers due to their age. At Yen Pilch Robaina & Kresin PLC, our team is here to help if you need a Tempe age discrimination attorney by your side. If you believe that you have been discriminated against because of your age, we will investigate the claim and help secure any compensation you may be entitled to.
Why Choose An Age Discrimination Lawyer From Yen Pilch Robaina & Kresin PLC?
- The Tempe employment law attorneys at Yen Pilch Robaina & Kresin PLC work tenaciously to achieve the best results possible for every client that comes through our door.
- Our team stays up-to-date on any changes to state or federal law concerning age discrimination and other types of employment discrimination.
- Every one of our clients will have direct access to their attorney to express concerns or ask questions at any point during this process.
How a Tempe Age Discrimination Attorney Can Help
Because age discrimination is not always blatantly obvious, it may be necessary to involve a Tempe age discrimination attorney who can conduct a full investigation into the claim. An attorney with vast employment law experience can use their resources to gather any evidence needed to prove that age discrimination did indeed occur. This evidence can include human resources documents, internal memos or emails, statements from coworkers or supervisors, and more.
An age discrimination attorney will also work with trusted economic and financial experts to determine the full effect of this discrimination on a person’s bottom line. Using this information, an attorney will vigorously negotiate with all parties involved to reach a fair settlement for the client.
Understanding Age Discrimination in Tempe
According to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), we can see that age discrimination is defined as “treating an applicant or employee less favorably because of his or her age.”
However, discrimination in the workplace is not always immediately apparent. This type of discrimination can show up in various ways and includes actions an employer takes during the hiring process as well as actions towards older workers on the job. This can include:
- Wrongfully terminated or laid off due to age
- Facing pressure by supervisors to retire or quit
- Not getting hired at all due to age
- Facing harassment or constant insults about age
- Being offered less pay, fewer benefits, or poor job assignments due to age
The EEOC and the Arizona Attorney General’s Office both forbid age discrimination against people who are 40 years of age or older.
Call our Tempe Age Discrimination Attorney Today
If you or a loved one has been discriminated against in the workplace because of your age, contact the attorneys at Yen Pilch Robaina & Kresin PLC for help immediately. Our dedicated team has extensive experience handling employment law cases throughout Arizona, and our goal is to help ensure you recover the compensation you are entitled to. This could include:
- Recovery of any lost wages
- Interest on unpaid wages
- Reinstatement to your job, if desired and necessary
- Any necessary promotions you are owed
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against your employer
- Court costs and legal fees
You should never be discriminated against in the workplace because of your age. If you need a Tempe age discrimination attorney, contact us or call at (602) 682-6450.