David C. Kresin | Senior Partner
Dave Kresin represents employees and small businesses in employment litigation matters including discrimination, retaliation, medical leave denial, restrictive covenant enforcement, wage and hour violations, and more. Dave is licensed in the state courts of Arizona, Kansas, and Missouri, as well as the U.S. District Courts for Arizona and Kansas, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and previously served as a law clerk to the Hon. G. Thomas VanBebber in the United States District Court for Kansas.
Dave has substantial experience in federal courts, state courts, private arbitrations, and administrative proceedings, and has extensive trial experience covering a range of different employment law issues. In 2020, Dave was named a member of the Lawyers of Distinction, and in 2014 and 2015, he was recognized as the Employee Rights Attorney of the Year in Arizona by the Corporate INTL Magazine Global Awards. He also was named one of “Arizona’s Finest Lawyers” in 2011. Dave is a member of the National Employment Lawyers Association, the Arizona Employment Lawyers Association, and the American Bar Association Labor & Employment Section.
Dave has presented on a wide variety of employment law topics and authored several articles relating to federal employment law issues including:
- Presenter, “The Fair Wages and Healthy Families Act: Arizona’s Current Minimum Wage and Earned Paid Sick Time Law”, Referrals Royale Network Luncheon, December 2019
- Co-Presenter, “Employment Restrictive Covenants including Non-Competes, Non-Solicitation, and Non-Use Agreements: What’s Enforceable and What is Not”, Arizona Employment Lawyers Association Annual Meeting, February 2016
- Co-Author, “2013 Update re: Fee Applications (Article 10.8)”, Arizona Employment Law Handbook, October 2013
- Presenter, “The OSHA-Administered Whistleblower Laws”, Arizona Employment Lawyers Association Annual Meeting, February 2011
- Presenter, “Updates on the FMLA and ADA”, Arizona Employment Lawyers Association Annual Meeting, February 2009
- Co-Author, “Federal Regulations Update,” Employment Relations Today, Fall 2004, Spring 2005, Fall 2005, Spring 2006
- Presenter, “Untangling the Web of Overlapping FMLA, ADA, PDA, Workers’ Comp, and Antidiscrimination Laws,” Council on Education in Management FMLA Update, October 2005