Tempe Pregnancy Discrimination Attorneyrequest consultation
Having a child can be one of the most memorable experiences in a person’s life. This is particularly true for a mother who nurtures a child until the baby is ready to join the world. Therefore, it is crucial for all women and employers in Arizona to understand that pregnancy discrimination in the workplace is illegal. At Yen Pilch Robaina & Kresin PLC, our team is here to help if you need a Tempe pregnancy discrimination attorney. If you or somebody you love has faced discrimination in an Arizona workplace due to pregnancy status, let us investigate the situation and help you recover any compensation you may be entitled to.
Why Choose A Pregnancy Discrimination Lawyer From Yen Pilch Robaina & Kresin PLC?
- At Yen Pilch Robaina & Kresin PLC, our Tempe employment law attorneys have significant experience handling complex employment law cases throughout Arizona.
- We believe in providing personalized attention to every client that comes through our door, and we will make sure to listen to everything you tell us as we determine the best solution for your situation.
- Our pregnancy discrimination attorneys strive to stay ahead of the curve with any changes to employment law at the federal or state level.
Do You Need a Tempe Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney?
When handling cases of pregnancy discrimination, victims in these situations usually do not have the resources necessary to properly pursue justice for what happened to them. Most employers will have their own legal teams to defend themselves, which is why it is critical that victims secure assistance from a Tempe pregnancy discrimination lawyer. An attorney can use their resources to:
- Conduct a thorough investigation into the claim and obtain any evidence needed to prove that the discrimination occurred. This can include human resources documents, statements from coworkers or supervisors, internal company memos, and more.
- Work with economic and financial experts who can help calculate total expected losses.
- Handle negotiations with every party involved in an attempt to reach a fair settlement agreement on behalf of their client.
What Constitutes Pregnancy Discrimination in the Workplace?
Employers can engage in pregnancy discrimination both consciously and unconsciously. Pregnancy discrimination in Arizona includes any actions that treat women unfavorably at work due to:
- Their pregnancy
- Their plans to become pregnant
- Any pregnancy-related medical issue or childbirth
Unfavorable treatment in the workplace as a result of pregnancy discrimination can take many forms, including the following:
- Failure to promote
- Hostile work environment
- Exclusion from education and training
- Failure to provide accommodations for pregnancy-related medical conditions
- Bonuses and benefits becoming unavailable
- Refusal to hire
- Wrongful termination
When we turn to data available from the Arizona Attorney General’s Office, we can see that “pregnancy” is a protected category under state law.
Call a Tempe Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney Today
If you or somebody you love has been discriminated against in the workplace due to pregnancy status, turn to the attorneys at Yen Pilch Robaina & Kresin PLC for help today. You may be entitled to compensation for what you have been through, and our team is ready to conduct a full investigation into the situation. Our goal is to secure the following on your behalf:
- Any lost wages you may have incurred
- Interest on these unpaid wages
- Reinstatement to your job (if applicable)
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against the employer
- Your court costs and legal fees
If you need a Tempe pregnancy discrimination attorney, you can contact us or call at (602) 682-6450.