Mesa Gender Pay Discrimination Attorneyrequest consultation
Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for women to receive less pay than men in the workplace. This happens even in situations where a woman and a man have the same job title and the same job duties! At Yen Pilch Robaina & Kresin PLC, our team is here to help when you need a Mesa gender pay discrimination lawyer by your side. Here, we want to discuss what the law says about requiring equal pay for similar work when it comes to gender/sex. Our attorneys are dedicated to helping ensure fairness and equality in Arizona workplaces, and we will help you secure the compensation you are entitled to.
Why Use A Gender Discrimination Attorney At Yen Pilch Robaina & Kresin PLC?
- The Phoenix employment law attorneys at Yen Pilch Robaina & Kresin PLC have significant experience handling Arizona employment law cases, and we are ready to provide competent and diligent legal services on behalf of clients.
- We believe in providing personalized attention to every client, which means that we focus specifically on our clients’ goals and needs.
- We have the resources necessary to fully investigate negligent employers throughout the state of Arizona.
How Will a Gender Pay Discrimination Attorney Help Your Case?
Under current Arizona law, employees will have to prove that they are being paid less than employees of the opposite gender who are performing substantially similar work. There are various ways to prove this, but it is difficult to do so without resources and legal expertise. A Mesa gender pay discrimination attorney can use their resources to:
- Work directly with the court system to obtain any employer documents needed to establish pay discrepancies.
- Show that the employer did not have a legitimate reason for the pay difference between genders.
- Handle negotiations with all parties involved to reach a fair settlement on behalf of the wronged employee.
Understanding Gender Pay Discrimination in Mesa
A recent study published by Business Insider shows that a woman working full time in this country earns approximately “81.6 cents for every dollar a man working full time earned on average.”
Many people may not realize that the Arizona Equal Pay law prohibits employers from paying employees of one gender at a lower rate than they pay employees of the opposite gender in the same establishment for the same quantity and quality of work in the same classification. This law applies to all employers in the state of Arizona, whether public or private and regardless of the size of the employer.
There are various caveats to the Arizona Equal Pay Act that allows for pay gaps based on qualifying categories, which can include a seniority system, a merit system, a system that measures earnings by quantity or quality of production, and other differential categories other than sex. An attorney will be able to investigate each claim and determine whether or not these other qualifying categories play a role in the gender pay discrimination at hand.
Call a Mesa Gender Pay Discrimination Attorney Today
If you or somebody you love has experienced pay discrimination in the workplace based on gender or sex, contact an attorney as soon as possible. At Yen Pilch Robaina & Kresin PLC, our team is ready to investigate every aspect of your case and help ensure you receive the compensation you are entitled to. This can include:
- Any unpaid wages, benefits, or bonuses
- Any interest on unpaid wages
- Court costs and legal fees
- Any promotions that may be applicable
- Possible punitive damages against the employer
If you need a Mesa gender pay discrimination attorney, you can contact us or call at (602) 682-6450.