Phoenix Discrimination Attorneyrequest consultation
Although our society has made progress in eliminating undeniable discrimination from the workplace, still, not all employers or supervisors follow basic discrimination and employment laws. Companies are sometimes negligent, unfortunately, both in creating anti-discrimination policies and enforcing them across the workplace. If you feel that you have been a victim of employment discrimination, contact one of our Phoenix discrimination lawyers today. Our Phoenix employment attorneys will stand by you and represent you legally to ensure that you are being treated fairly as an employee and an individual. We will also make it our mission for you to receive financial compensation for any discrimination you may have suffered in the past. Call today at (602) 682-6450 for a consultation about your employment law case.
What Is Employment Discrimination In Phoenix?
Both discrimination and retaliation are two serious workplace offenses that can occur in many different forms. It is also important to remember that one form of discrimination is no greater than another, as discrimination of any kind should be frowned upon and taken seriously, especially in a professional setting. At its core, discrimination in the workplace is the mistreatment of employees by an employer that goes against the employee’s rights civil rights that are protected by the law. So, if an employer is allowing or contributing to discrimination in the workplace, they are breaking the law and their victims deserve compensation. Luckily, a Phoenix employer discrimination lawyer can take care of this. All you have to do is provide us with the basic information surrounding your employment problem.
What Types Of Discrimination Do The Phoenix Lawyers At Yen, Pilch, Robaina, & Kresin Handle?
- Racial Discrimination: An example of racial discrimination is that a company might underpay racial minority groups of employees or those in which English is a second language. They may even take advantage of them, offering them fewer chances for advancement.
- Gender Discrimination: Historically, women have suffered frequently from a hostile work environment because of their gender. This form of discrimination can be observed by women making less money than men or being denied a promotional opportunity due to their gender. In addition, women are also often the subject of sexual harassment by male coworkers, and those in positions of power.
- Disability Discrimination: Unfortunately, in some circumstances, disabled employees are the victims of employment discrimination in the workplace. A disabled person could be denied a job because accommodations required by the Americans with Disabilities Act ( ADA ) are not provided, or could be terminated because of their inability to perform a task due to their condition.
- Religious Discrimination: An employee that follows a religion that goes against what their employers believe and is therefore singled out or mistreated.
- Pregnancy Discrimination: If a woman is fired or treated differently because of a pregnancy
What Is Employer Retaliation?
Workplace retaliation in Phoenix can be experienced by an employee that stands up to their employer and points out illegal activity. An example of this is participating in an investigation into illegal discrimination that makes the employer look bad or get in trouble. In turn, the employer may exact revenge, or retaliation, by cutting that employee’s paychecks, hours, or even wrongfully terminating them, which are all classic forms of workplace retaliation. If you believe that you have been a victim of retaliation in the workplace, don’t hesitate to call our skilled Phoenix discrimination lawyers who will fight for your rights in the form of a lawsuit.
What To Do If You Are Experiencing Workplace Discrimination
File A Formal Complaint: If you feel that you are being wrongly mistreated, your first course of action should be to file a formal complaint. For all you know, everything could be a misunderstanding and the problems might stop there. Or, your employer will be apologetic and no legal action may be necessary. However, if the discrimination persists…
Document Your Experiences: Something crucial that you can do to help build your case is to document the discrimination you are experiencing at work. Whether it’s through pictures, videos, time cards, anything that proves you are being discriminated against can be helpful. In the hands of our employment lawyers, this information is priceless and will help see that you are awarded for your efforts.
Contact A Phoenix Workplace Employment Lawyer: Once you have documented instances of discrimination at work, it’s time to reach out to one of our discrimination attorneys. An employment lawyer will take things from there and make sure that you receive everything that you’re owed for your pain and suffering.
Contact A Phoenix Discrimination Lawyer Today
Workplace discrimination and retaliation are oftentimes not only unacceptable but also illegal. The Phoenix employment lawyers at Yen Pilch Robaina & Kresin PLC are committed to fighting for the rights of our clients who have suffered employment discrimination or retaliation.
Such offenses can bring about direct and tangible financial effects, such as lost wages; they can also be at the root of the more subtle and emotional effects of harassment and workplace hostility. Both situations can be actionable, and you may have a right to compensation under the law. A Phoenix employment attorney at the firm has helped many people obtain justice and fair compensation for workplace discrimination and retaliation.
If you feel your employer has discriminated against you, do not accept this illegal treatment. An experienced Phoenix discrimination attorney can fight for the rights provided by state and federal law. Contact us today or call at (602) 682-6450 or (888) 881-9890 to discuss your claim.